Ground Floor, Duchesne Building, Digby Stuart College
The NCRCL invites you to an exciting summer event for MA/PG Dip and PhD students past, present and future.
The open day will include:
* Tea, Coffee and Conversation — meeting the NCRCL team
* Aidan Chambers, our invited guest, speaking about his creative and critical practice
* Presentations from NCRCL Staff about research and teaching interests
* Poster presentations from current MA Dissertation students
* MA Children’s Literature Prize-giving
* Pop-up Bookshop
* Optional visit to the Children’s Literature Collection in the Library
Current students and alumni are all welcome as is anyone interested in applying to the MA/PG Dip in Children’s Literature, or undertaking doctoral research at the NCRCL.
There is no charge for the open day, but you will need to book a place for catering purposes. In order to book please contact Julia Noyce: Julia.Noyce@roehampton.ac.uk
From Kay Waddilove, organiser and NCRCL PhD student: The first meeting of the Roehampton Readers NCRCL Carnegie reading group for 2016 will be Thursday 21st April from 5:15-7:15pm in the LRC Presentation Room 122 (first floor of the university library), Digby Stuart College, Roehampton.
If you enjoy discussing Children’s Literature, do come along! Or follow the discussion on Twitter with @Roe_CKG and #Roe_CKG!
If you happen to be in the North East tomorrow evening, Prof David Rudd will be speaking on Enid Blyton’s life and work, questioning the criticisms leveled against her and discussing her more positive and enduring qualities. Tickets are available in advance from the Scarborough Art Gallery 01723 374743.