NCRCL Open Day
Saturday 30th May 2015, 10:00am to 1:00pm
Ground Floor, Duchesne Building, Digby Stuart College
The NCRCL invites you to an exciting summer event for MA/PG Dip and PhD students past, present and future.
The open day will include:
- Tea, Coffee and Conversation — meeting the NCRCL team.
- Jacqueline Wilson will talk about Opal Plumstead — her recent historical novel about a young suffragette.
- Presentations from NCRCL Staff about research and teaching interests.
- Poster presentations from current MA Dissertation students.
- MA Children’s Literature Prize-giving
- Research Talk by Olga Holownia (University of Iceland): “An Island made of water quite surrounded by earth”. Mapping out the seascape of nonsense literature.
Current students and alumni are all welcome as is anyone interested in applying to the MA/PG Dip in Children’s Literature, or undertaking doctoral research at the NCRCL.
There is no charge for the open day, but you will need to book a place for catering purposes. In order to book please contact Julia Noyce: Julia.Noyce@roehampton.ac.uk.
Virtual NCRCL Open Day
Available Online Now
Live Seminar: Friday 29th May, 19:00-20:00
In this live session you will have a chance to meet the Programme Convener, Dr Alison Waller, and support staff on the MA. There will be a presentation about the content and mode of study, some information about resources and other practicalities, and a quick introduction to some of the texts you will be reading if you become a distance learning student with us. You will also be able to ask any questions you might have about the academic and practical elements of studying at a distance. If you are interested in joining this live session, please email Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(You will need to make sure your computer or device is set up to run Blackboard Collaborator software before you join the live Seminar – guidance on how to do this can be found here.)